Here Comes Hayes: 4 Week Update

16 August, 2015

 
Hayes is 4 weeks old as of last Thursday! He's growing like CRAZY and on the verge of moving up a size in clothes and diapers. His newborn onesies are pulled super tight length wise, but 0-3 month onesies are a little loose everywhere else. We have his 1 month check up with Dr. Dollins next Wednesday, so we'll find out for sure how much he has grown!



He's given us a lot more smiles this week, although they're pretty random. He's also starting to make little cooing sounds, but they are few and far between right now. On Friday we asked him several times if he was ready to hang out with Gigi (my mom, who watched him while Justin and I went out on a dinner/movie date) and he smiled each time so I'm convinced he knew what we were saying.


Justin was so excited for Hayes' first Cowboys game. He kept him up late and gave him commentary through the first quarter. I think it's safe to say that the Dallas Cowboys have a new fan... I mean, check out that intense concentration!

Also, this is the Halo SleepSack Swaddle that the hospital gave us, and it's the best thing EVER. He knows it's bedtime when the swaddle goes on and the Velcro keeps it tight enough so that he doesn't get loose and wake himself up at night. 


He still loves his play mat, but he's still not a huge fan of tummy time on it. He much prefers to be tummy down laying on my chest and I have no problem with that whatsoever. Gosh, I'll miss his cuddles when I go back to work on Monday.


Last weekend we ventured out to Ten 50 BBQ, which we've been wanting to try for months. It was so good, we will definitely be back for more.




They serve a huge variety of local craft beer, so Justin was a fan from the get go. Parenting at it's finest, folks. ;)

On Saturday, the Dunaways got together so Justin and Jarrett's Uncle Joe and Aunt Debbie could meet the babies. We didn't get a group picture, but we did snap our now traditional baby group picture.

From left to right: 2 months pregnant, 8 months pregnant, babies are a month old!

Now that my maternity leave is coming to an end, I'm sure my blogging will naturally take a back seat to everything else going on. However, we have so much exciting stuff coming our way, that I really hope I can continue to find time to share it all with you.

Stay tuned!

1 comment

  1. He is such a cutie!! I can't believe you have to go back to work already :( I'll be thinking about you tomorrow girly!

    ReplyDelete

Best of the Week