Bump Day - 40 Weeks!!

14 July, 2015


40 Weeks - Baby is the size of a WATERMELON



I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I've taken a weekly belly photo! It's not that I haven't thought about it, it's that I haven't been able to find the right fruits at our grocery stores! Winter melon? Pumpkin? But watermelon is a fruit I can get behind! I've been eating watermelon like crazy this summer so this is obviously my favorite week... not to mention THIS is the week we get to meet Mr. Hayes!!
Baby Hayes is fully grown and ready to be born aaaany day now. (You hear that, Hayes? Aaaanytime you're ready!) He's still moving, just not as much, since he's pretty much out of room. Ready for some TMI? As of last Wednesday, I was still 1cm dilated, like I was the week before, and still not at all effaced. I have one last appointment scheduled for this Wednesday and if no more progress is made, I'll go to the hospital that night to have Cervidil inserted for "cervical ripening". This will prepare my body for an induction the next morning.

It would be amazing if Hayes would take matters into his own hands and make an appearance before Thursday's induction, but my doctor didn't have much confidence in that happening.

Speaking of babies, I got to see our nephew, Grayson, two more times and, boy, he just gets cuter and cuddlier every time. He gives me baby fever. Is that possible at 9 months pregnant? Well, whatever, I've got it.

So let me wrap this up by just asking for you to all pray, cross your fingers, and send positive vibes our way this week as we venture into parenthood! Stay tuned for baby updates.



Post a Comment

Best of the Week