Poppy Monroe: Nursery Tour

06 November, 2017

I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that the hardest thing about being a working mom of 2 is finding time for myself. Whether it be working out, getting my roots touched up, or blogging, it's incredibly hard to balance the kiddos needs and my own. Between the constant breastfeeding/pumping, diaper changes, cuddles, potty training, meal time battles, playing and bedtime routines, I sometimes feel like I'm stretched so thin.

 Luckily I have the most supportive husband ever who backs me up literally anytime we need him. (Also, have I mentioned before that HE cooks? I hit the jackpot, trust me, I know.)

Okay, so why the tangent on how busy and chaotic life is? Well, basically it's my excuse for how the blog has taken a backseat. But I'm back and ready to commit to a more regular blogging schedule.  

Without further ado, I give you a much overdue tour of Poppy's nursery. I describe it as bohemian meets botanical meets whimsical. 


For those wondering, the crib, the shelves, the stacked ottomans, and the dresser are all IKEA. The dresser is the same one that we have in Hayes' room too, although we didn't paint or stain this time. We added a matte polyeurethane sealer to the top to make it wipeable.

The rocker was from Hayes' nursery and I still love it. It's the Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker and you can find it in all sorts of colors her

I picked up faux greenery and plants everywhere I went. Michael's, Joann (where I also got the macrame hanging basket), and even IKEA all have them. I made the garland that drapes on Poppy's name sign. Justin made the sign and B is for Bess did the custom calligraphy for me. She's super talented!

The baskets on the wall are thrifted and the AMAZING macrame on the wall behind the crib is from Maria Angela Forioso on Etsy.

The rug is sooo good. No shedding whatsoever. It's from Rugs USA., where I get most of our rugs. 

Her precious Rifle Paper Co. bedding is from Lullabies & Lollipops and we even have a matching Boppy cover.

And of COURSE, the beautiful photography is by none other than the wondeful Stephanie Rose Photography.

Comment me if you need sources to anything else in her nursery. I'm glad to share!

6 comments

  1. Please consider doing a tutorial for the beautiful floral garland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the light fixture from? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nursery is beautiful! What wall color did you use? Its a perfect warm white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you do the cute pom garland on her crib?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the adorable pom garland on her crib?

    ReplyDelete

Best of the Week