Here Comes Hayes: 5 Weeks

22 August, 2015





This guy is 5 weeks old (plus 2 days since I'm late to post). Getting him to smile these days is not a difficult task. Even better, some of these smiles are accompanied by a sweet little "aaah" sound and it melts my heart! 

At his one month appointment Dr. Dollins determined that he's 22 1/4 inches long (89th percentile), 9 pounds 13 ounces (44rd percentile), and his head measured at 15 inches (81st percentile). As expected from our 20 week ultrasound measurements, he's tall, skinny, and has a big head.

His legs are incredibly strong and he kicks... Like, a LOT. While eating, while sleeping, during tummy time, and basically anytime he's being held. He rolled over from belly to back twice this week. I didn't know if it was a fluke or not, but if he gets his head and arm in just the right position, he can definitely do it!

Justin and I both went back to work this week and while it's been hard on us both to be away from Hayes, he's been staying with my mom some days and Justin's mom on the others. They both love him so much and take such good care of him, it really makes the transition a lot easier to handle emotionally.

Without going into too many details, I'll be honest: the real challenge is in the pumping at work. It's awkward and uncomfortable and as small of a staff as we have, everyone knows what I'm doing when I disappear from my office or when I lock them all out of the bathroom. I guess it just comes with the territory. Sorry, work friends.

Last week I mentioned I'd have some big things happening soon and I'm really close to sharing what it is. Don't want to count my chickens before they've hatched, ya know? Let's just say I'm SO excited that I almost can't stand it. Hence, the reason I'm teasing it right now.

Next time, I'm blogging about our first night out as a little family of three!

Post a Comment

Best of the Week