Here Comes Hayes: 1 Week Update

23 July, 2015




How can this be?? Didn't I just meet my precious bundle of joy yesterday?? How can he be one week old already? 

When I was pregnant and desperately wanting to have Hayes in my arms already, time seemed to CRAWL. Now that he's here, time is flying by and my new-mommy-hormones can't take it! How am I handling motherhood? I love it more than I could ever imagine. However, I'm experiencing ALL the feelings you can think of and I cry. Like, a lot.

I cry because I miss being pregnant. I cry because he's not a little hitchhiker inside my belly all safe and sound anymore. I cry looking at pictures of how much fun pregnancy was. I cry because I can't believe how much I love him. I cry thinking about how he won't be this tiny anymore. I cry thinking about our happy future with this amazing little guy. I cry because I miss our hospital and our nursing staff. I cry thinking about the events that led to Hayes' delivery and the moment I saw him. I cry thinking about Justin and I's pre-baby relationship and how thankful I am for the last 4 years of marriage that we had together. I cry that Justin and I's relationship is forever changed...in a good way, of course. I cry because I am SO beyond thankful and appreciative of everything Justin does for Hayes and I and my love for him has multiplied by infinity.

But back to the main reason I'm posting: our Hayesy boy! 

We had his 1 week appointment on Wednesday (at 6 days old) with his pediatrician, Dr. Dollins. He weighs 7lbs 6.5oz, 1.5 ounces more than his birth weight and 20.5 inches long. We go back next week for his 2 week check up and I can't wait to see how much he grows by then.

He is the sweetest little one week old. He, of course, loves to eat, sleep and poop... often all at the same time. He loves to be skin to skin and really just loves to be held in general. He's instantly calmed in his Rock-a-Roo rocker or riding in the car. We're still learning about him every single day so I'm excited to see what new things he surprises us with during week 2.


Post a Comment

Best of the Week