Bump Day - Week 31 + A Survey!

13 May, 2015

Week 31 - Baby is the size of a PINEAPPLE


Clearly I've missed some weeks since we're now 3 weeks into the third trimester. (HOME STRETCH!) Hayes is around 16 inches long and already weighs around 3 pounds! Apparently all five of his senses are already developed and his little eyes react to light. His movements are extremely different from how they were just a few weeks ago; but it's so hard to explain how it feels. Instead of little jabs or kicks, I almost feel like I feel every move he makes now since he's gotten so big. And he is CONSTANTLY on the move. When does this kid sleep?!

I've noticed that my friend Taryn, who is pregnant with twin girls, has been doing a survey about her pregnancy, which I love. I'm a little late to the party and I'll probably just do it this one time, so here's a really long one for y'all.

About Me
 
Name? Jordan
Age? 27
Height? 5’2”
Hair color? black
Eye color? brown

About the Father
 
Name? Justin
Age? 30 next month!
Height? 6’2”
Hair color? brown
Eye color? green

About My Pregnancy
 
Is this your first pregnancy? No
When did you find out you were pregnant? November 6
Was it planned? Yes, but I had no idea it would happen the first month trying after our miscarriage!
What was your first reaction? I stayed calm but couldn't stop smiling
Who was with you when you found out? Justin was outside in the driveway working on a wood project. He had no idea I was inside taking a pregnancy test.
Who was the first person you told? Justin
How did your parents react? My mom cried like a baby and my dad sort of laughed like he wasn't surprised.
How far along are you? 31 weeks
What was your first symptom? A hot flash. It was the first symptom I noticed with both pregnancies that triggered me to buy tests both times.
What is your due date? July 14, 2015
Do you know the sex of the baby? Yes! A BOY!
Have you picked out names? Hayes Marshall Dunaway
How much weight have you gained? This is a tricky one. I recently learned that our scale at home is extremely unreliable. I thought I was up to 17 lbs a few weeks back, but the doctor confirmed at my 30 week appointment that it was only 12. I've increased my portions this week so when I go back to the doctor next Wednesday, I bet I'll have gained a bunch more!
Do you have stretch marks? No, not yet, thank the lord.
Have you felt the baby move? Constantly. I thought it was supposed to be calming down right about now?
Have you heard the heartbeat? Yes, many times. It's so amazing.

About the Baby
 
Will you keep the baby? Absolutely, yes!
Home or hospital birth? Hospital
Natural or medicated birth? I'm going to hold off as long as possible, but yes, I definitely want an epidural at some point.
Who will be in the delivery room with you? This is something we still need to finish discussing.
Will you breastfeed? I will try my very best.
Do you think you’ll need a c-section? I hope and pray that I don't.
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the first time? I imagine so.
What’s the first thing you might say to him? I have no idea!
Would you let someone videotape the birth? NO
Are you excited or scared about the birth? Both excited AND scared! We've been taking a Prepared Childbirth class at Baylor for the past couple of weeks and while it still completely freaks me out, I know that it will be the most exciting time of my life so I absolutely cannot wait.

Yay, that's it!

Another update: We took our maternity photos with Stephanie Rose last week and I am soooo excited to see them. I scheduled the session when I was still 19 weeks preggo, so I had NO idea what I would look like during the third trimester. I imagined a swollen face, stretch marks, and a much larger butt. To be safe, I scheduled it for 30 weeks along as others had recommended, but little did I know I would still have a ton of growing left to do. Regardless, I can't wait to share them! Stephanie also grabbed some photos of the nursery, so I'll sharing those in a few weeks as well.

I better go now, Justin is waiting to start our recording of The Goldbergs. Oh, how I'll miss hours of mindless TV watching on the couch when baby arrives...

Post a Comment

Best of the Week