Surprise! Or not so much of a surprise!

17 January, 2015

This post is coming a couple weeks too late for it to be considered a real "surprise." I should have posted it the first weekend of the new year. But let's just pretend you aren't all friends with me on Facebook or following me on Instagram and haven't seen what we've been up to.




As pretty much everyone knows by now, Justin and I have been trying to start a family for quite a while now. It feels like it's been longer than it actually has, considering I know some couples try for years and years without any luck. We decided we wanted to start trying back in 2012, after our one year marriage anniversary... so it's really only been 2 full years since then. From what I've read, not super unusual. And let's not forget that we've had some tiny successes within those 2 years, so we know we're able to conceive. That's a wonderful thing!




I also want to mention that I've been so grateful for this unexpected alone time with Justin. These 3+ married years... alone without children... has been a ton of fun and time we could never get back had things gone any other way.



With that being said, we're happy to officially announce that we are PREGNANT again! Like, legitimately, 2nd trimester, it's a boy, PREGNANT! Like with the last pregnancy, we opted for the Panorama genetic testing to determine our risk for the same chromosomal abnormalities. We're SO lucky this time that everything came back normal. And bonus: we got to find out, with the help of our closest friends, that we're having a boy and he will be named Hayes Marshall (after his daddy!) Dunaway.

 

 

I'm not going to lie, after the confetti settled and I overcame the shock/surprise, I felt slightly heartbroken that the pinata bursted blue rather than pink. I always assumed I would have a little girl first, not sure why! All of my "Future Baby D-Way" Pinterest board pins are made for a girl and I never even CONSIDERED that I might have a little boy first. Regardless, those feelings are looong gone. A coworker mentioned to me that he totally sees me as a boy mom and I got really excited about that.



On that note, I'll just leave you with some photos from our gender reveal day. We opted to not have a party, but rather just have our families witness the moment we all found out the sex of our baby. With it being he first week of 2015, we went with a New Years theme to bring in the good news.










Oh and speaking of gender reveals, today is Jarrett and Ashley's big day! They're finally going to tell the world what they're having! Considering that their baby will be Hayes' closest cousin and EXACT age, I'm MORE than ready to know if it's going to be a boy or girl. I spend a lot of time imagining what he future might possibly look like for us, and knowing if we're getting a niece or nephew will paint a better picture. Either way, that kid is going to be the cutest little thing and his/her aunt and uncle will love him/her more than words.

I can't wait to share more news and updates throughout this next part of our lives!

Photos by Ashleykay Photography
Florals by R Love Floral 

Post a Comment

Best of the Week