Throwback Thursday: Where the Wild Things Are Halloween Costumes

19 October, 2017


 

I am so excited for Halloween this year! It’s always been a favorite “holiday” of mine because I love coming up with costumes and seeing what everyone else dresses up as. I love that the costume photos are already appearing on Instagram! 
 For Hayes' 1st birthday last year, we had a Where the Wild Things Are party and I loved the theme so much, I dressed Hayes up as the main character, Max, for Halloween.

Hayes' "Where the Wild Things Are" themed smash cake session.

Justin and I wore faux fur trapper hats with felt horns glue onto them to portray the "Wild Things". I'm not endorsed in any way by Amazon, but you can find hats similar to ours here, here and here. Unfortunately the hats I originally purchased are no longer available.
I can't part with Hayes' past Halloween costumes because I'm just that sentimental, but I hate that they won't be worn again. So this year I plan to keep our costumes very simple and use mostly clothing that can be re-worn.

I'm loving the animal ear bonnet trend and I think it could be really cute paired with a simple
romper or even solid color sweatpants and hoodie depending on the weather. This might be the route we go this year. I recently ordered bonnets from Ivyandwild on Etsy. As for me and Justin, I plan to coordinate us with the kids but shop from our own closets to save money.


I can’t wait to see what costumes everyone comes up with this year!

Post a Comment

Best of the Week