A Very Waco Weekend: Jordan Turns 30

13 December, 2017

In anticipation of my upcoming 30th birthday, some of my best girls, our husbands and I packed our bags and headed south to Waco, Texas for a grown up getaway. I was able to find an amazing house on Airbnb to stay in, that happened to be featured on an episode of Fixer Upper. (It's an HGTV show, have you heard of it? HA!) 

This house was originally called The Peach House, but turned into the Two Island Bachelor Pad. We watched the recorded episode while staying at the house and even turned it into the most hilarious drinking game! 

Ex: drink every time shiplap is mentioned, drink when Chip embarrasses Joanna, drink when Chip talks about how much he loves demo day, drink when you see a farm animal, etc.

Can you believe these birthday cookies? GORGEOUS! 

The rest of the weekend consisted of exploring the Silos, shopping at Spice Village, meeting up with some Instagram friends, attending and dancing the night away at a wedding, drinking too much, and laughing too hard. 

Basically, it was an incredible weekend that I'm so grateful for. Take a peek:









We should buy stock in Ray-Ban.







On another note, I want to mention my dear friend Paige's t-shirt. #dogoodforjack is a movement she has started to honor the memory of her and her husband Kyle's sweet son, Jack Evans McKinley, who left us for Heaven at 8 weeks old. It's a reminder that even through all of the hate in this world, we should strive to be kind and do good. They are working on getting a link to purchase these shirts directly, so if you're interested, stay tuned. 

You can read more about Paige, Kyle and Jack here.


I got to meet up with my sweet/talented Instagram friends, Jessie from Miss J's Bake Shop, and Courtney from Courtney Leigh Photography.





Flower power!



The girls surprised me with matching jammies! They know how much of a sucker I am for matching!


I'm so thankful for such a great group of friends

1 comment

  1. This is a very nice post. I liked it very much. Even I referred my friends to read the articles. from your blogs.
    check out more

    ReplyDelete

Best of the Week