H & P Farmers Market Birthday Party

13 July, 2018




Last weekend we celebrated big with a joint birthday party for both kiddos. We called it "H & P Farmers Market". Poppy turned 1 on July 7th and Hayes turns 3 on July 16th. I love that their birthdays are so close, especially in the early years when I can combine their celebrations.

I knew I wanted a few things incorporated into their party: gender neutral colors, buffalo check (it's totally my thing right now), and a petting zoo.






Our local farmers market occasionally has a petting zoo, so I got my inspiration there! We would visit most Saturdays and get ideas from the local vendors that would be set up. 

Hayes' cute vegetable tee is from Nature Supply Co. You may have known them as Magnolia Roots? Anyway, you can find it here.

His shorts are from Claude and Jane and I love them! He needs 5 more pairs, I swear.






Poppy's sweet outfit was made at the very last minute because I am a master procrastinator. Luckily, the shop owner is local and worked with me to get it to me pronto.






Soooo I also might have a thing for eucalyptus too. Give me alllll the buffalo check and eucalyptus please.






We had "freshly picked" chocolate strawberry cupcakes while the kids demolished store bought smash cakes.






Poppy wasn't so sure about smashing the cake. She was more into eating the strawberries... stem and all. This girl will eat ANYTHING.

I made the candles from a beeswax candle kit. You can find it here. Since I already had the kit from last Winter, it only took me about 5 minutes to make all 4 candles.






I also made the "one" banner hanging from her high chair. I used pre-made canvas banners I found at a craft store, similar to these.








The cake topper is from Etsy. You can find it here.






All the big kids wanted in on the smash cake action, so we encouraged them to dig in with Hayes. They really went for it and it was hilarious!!











We wrapped up the party with some swimming (er... floating, in Poppy's case) and some "shopping" at the mini farmers market stand we set up. I will eventually post more pictures of the party when I get them. 

My biggest piece of advice for anyone throwing a children's party: if you really want photos to document the big day, designate a friend to use your camera or phone so that you get the shots you want. 

If I had trusted myself to take photos of the party, I probably wouldn't have been able to enjoy the day and be in the moment with my babies.





1 comment

  1. Love this!! So beautiful and perfect. For the highchair banner can you help with ho you made the eucalyptus around it?! I love that and have been looking for something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Best of the Week