29 March, 2017

More of Poppy's Nursery Progress



As promised, I'm trying to document the progression of baby girl's nursery. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to photograph every step, especially since it's a lot of trial and error. I've also hit a bunch of design mental blocks and have had to call on the help of friends and family at times.

I decided to go ahead and move Hayes' rocker out of his room and into Poppy's. He tried to stop me, but I convinced him that the teepee would be MUCH cooler in it's place. He really likes reading in the rocking chair, so I guess we'll be climbing in the teepee for his bedtime story from now on.




I love how his gold teepee looks in his room.

Now, we haven't hung much on Poppy's walls, because I'm still collecting things, so everything is pretty much leaning against the wall temporarily. I like grouping things together to see how they look as a whole collection.




By the way, I just noticed this rocker is on sale right now, so if you want one, I'd jump on it!

Here are more views of the room in it's current state. Notice everything on the floor and dresser waiting for me to find them homes.





This is a terrible picture of her name sign because the calligraphy is in metallic gold and the sun was shining through the window behind me. I promise it says "Poppy Monroe".




This is my view of her room when I peek through the door. Which I do a lot. Like, hourly. I just can't believe we're going to have 2 kiddos in our home. Two babies, really. I probably won't believe it until I see it!

So that's it for now. One of the design blocks I've run into is that I really think the wall behind the crib needs some flavor. I've debated wallpaper, stenciling, and other ideas. As of right now, I've ordered a stencil to create a wallpaper look but haven't settled on a color. I chose a stencil because the wall is slightly textured and it would be the easiest for me to DIY. I'm not 100% sure I can pull it off, so stay tuned.

2 comments :

  1. Who are you kidding?! You can totally pull that off! Can't wait to see it! Eek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently decorating our very first nursery for our little girl due in July, and it's so fun to see others' process (especially as a first-time mama). I love the dusty colors you've chosen – that was my initial design direction, too, but somehow I always come back to whites and grays. Oh, and we have the same light fixture in our kitchen! Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished