09 February, 2017

First Trimester Fun & Not-So-Fun


Okay, so the first trimester of my pregnancy was a doozy. Between insane waves of nausea, headaches from hell, and the incredible urge to do nothing but lay on the couch, I haven't really been the doing much worth blogging about.

I know they say every pregnancy is different, but wow! It's like night and day! When I was pregnant with Hayes, I had practically no recognizable symptoms. Sure, I had a tiny bit of nausea at times and a headache here and there, but it was a relatively easy pregnancy. I'd go as far as to say I LOVED being pregnant with Hayes.

This little bundle? Different story. I'm almost afraid of what he third trimester will bring. But I can't complain, because I still love being pregnant!

Just to get caught up, here are baby's latest ultrasound photos. These are from when I was just about 13 weeks along back on January 3rd. It was pretty cute how she was wiggling and dancing.





You might have caught that I said "she". Because we also found out, via genetic screening, that this little peanut (well, turnip now) is actually a little girl! I couldn't believe it, and I'm still in shock. After having Hayes, I just kind of pegged myself as a #boymomforlife.





Next week I go back in for the big anatomy scan, so I'm pretty excited! All I want for Valentine's Day is a healthy baby girl staring back at us on that ultrasound. And also a whole bunch of wide open mouth slobbery kisses from this heartbreaker.






3 comments :

  1. I can't believe you were so sick. Sorry, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was spoiled with my last pregnancy, I tell ya!

      Delete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon! I can so relate...my first trimesters are terrible! Just entered the third trimester with baby #3, and trying to enjoy the home stretch of this pregnancy. Congrats on a baby girl! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished