07 August, 2016

About Last Week...

So we're still recovering from hosting Hayes' Wild One party and the house is pretty much in a state of limbo. There are decorations still hung in places, platters that need to be put up, and floors that could use a good cleaning. It's not that we've been lazy (well, maybe we've been a little lazy) it's that some pretty exciting things happened this week that all took precedence over boring ol' chores.

First, on Monday, our good friends welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world! We met Ella Jane and it was love at first sight, just like it was when we met her big brother almost 3 years ago. My friends makes some gorgeous babies.

I was probably having some cliché realization that "I can't remember Hayes being this small!".

Seriously, y'all. Gorgeous.
We went up to daddy's softball game, which we hardly ever do because it's ridiculously hot out. Hayes doesn't seem to mind and has fun anyway. Meanwhile, I'm sweating my shorts off.


Pretty sure these are pajamas. Oh well. Just be proud I put clothes on him.
Also, my brother and his wife were in town so we met up a couple times this week to hang out. We met up at Top Golf and had a blast, despite the heat. They're from Utah and not used to our weather, so bless their hearts! In hindsight, I probably should have picked an indoor activity for us. Sorry, Chris and Kim!

Then we took them downtown to the Bishop Arts District where we walked around, window shopped, listened to some live music, and ate at Tillman's Roadhouse. It's one of my favorite restaurants with such a cool vibe and even better food.


My sister-in-law makes me look like a giant, haha.

Bishop Arts District


"Hey guys, wait up! I've got little legs!"

Gigi with her two grandboys.
It's not really new this week, but I thought I'd share progress on the house. Before Hayes' party we made sure to finish up the entryway. It's light and bright and exactly what I wanted. We even changed out the light fixture for a vintage schoolhouse style light and I think it's simple and charming. Next on my list is to convince Justin that we need a new front door.

I'm loving the dried eucalyptus leftover from Hayes' party. I might need to make it a regular item on the shopping list.

Today was a seriously lazy day before we gear up for a busy Back to School season. We did a little school clothes shopping for all three of us and we did a little NO housework. I loved it.
Correction: I did have to vacuum today, thanks to these two fur balls.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Now, back to the Monday grind.

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished