31 July, 2016

Hayes is Wild One!

As you all know, Hayes turned one year old a couple weeks back but we had to postpone his party when he suddenly got sick. Well, today we finally got to celebrate him once and for all! (I know. Longest drawn out birthday celebration ever. Haha.) I threw a "Where The Wild Things Are" themed soiree. I included some subtle references from the book, and lots of tropical boho touches too.





Everything was DIY'ed except most of the food, which I had catered from a local grocery store deli. I bought the macramé plant hangers from Amazon.






My sister-in-law, Ashley, AKA the party planning QUEEN, put together the charcuterie boards for me. Remind me to have one of these at every party. They were a hit. Plus they look fancy!



We ate, drank, swam, and enjoyed cake of course!





At the end of the party, guests potted their own flower and herb seeds in a terra cotta pot to take home.

After all was said and done, I think Hayes had a blast. He's winding down right about now and I can tell he's ready to crash.

Thank you soooooo much to all of our friends and family who came out to celebrate with us. We love and appreciate you all and everything you do for our little buddy.

I had so much fun planning this little shindig for my little guy... is it too soon to start planning birthday numero dos?


18 comments :

  1. The pics turned out perfect! Loved alllllll the deets! 😍😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was perfect Jordan!! Now I think we get ourselves a present for making it through year 1! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that's not a bad idea! Sounds like a mom's night out is called for!

      Delete
  3. Where did you get your high chair banner? It is ADORABLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it from canvas, felt, and craft paint!

      Delete
  4. hello, I am new at BlogSpot and I simply adore yours! how do you get this type of layout?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I purchased a premade layout on Etsy!

      Delete
  5. where is your childs outfit from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you make your signs for the food and front door?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stained plywood and used a white paint marker to write the words. Then I just leaned them up against things to stand them up!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, how did you create the photo cut out? Did you hand draw this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother-in-law is a retired teacher and she actually has a projector machine. My father-in-law traced an image I found on google images to the projector plastic and then projected it onto a piece of plywood I had painted white. Then my husband used a jigsaw to cut out the face hole and I painted the tracing black! It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually was, haha.

      Delete
  9. Where did you find the yarn for the high chair sign? I can't seem to find something like that anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember right, it's from Joann! But I get yarn from Joann, Michael's and Hobby Lobby!

      Delete
  10. How did you paint the words onto the signs? What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the biggest white chalk marker I could find. It's what I had on hand!

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished