03 April, 2016

My Life is a Zoo



We started this weekend off with a chilly (it was in the 40s) 5k through the Fort Worth Zoo at the 19th annual Zoo Run. It was hands down the hilliest course I've ever run. Besides when he was in my belly, it was Hayes' first 5k race.

This cold and teething little guy cried for the first half of the race. We were THOSE parents. Sorry!


Then, since we were in their neck of the woods, Justin's cousin and his family met up with us for a day at the zoo. Alexis and Hayes are exactly one year apart, so while they couldn't interact much this year, I know they'll be great friends/cousins for life.



The aviary was my favorite because we got to hold and feed birds. Justin, of course, loved the monkeys. He's definitely a lifelong fan of monkeys.





These two had fun looking for the otters!






Then it was time to say goodbye and make our journey back to Dallas. We stopped at a great little café called McKinley's for lunch, then headed home for nap time.

Overall, I was really impressed with the Fort Worth Zoo and how much Hayes enjoyed himself. Next time, we'll make a stop at Safari Splash, the new little water park inside the zoo.

Until then, I'll need recommendations on weekend activities for babies 1 and under in the DFW area. Feel free to comment or email me and we'll be sure to check it out!

2 comments :

  1. Maybe try Clyde Warren Park! Food trucks for mom and dad and a splash park for Hayes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you create your signature yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished