23 September, 2015

Happy First Day of Fall

 Now that it's Fall, the weekends seem to get busier and busier. There's always something to do and really not enough hours in the day. Here is just a tiny bit of what we've been up to lately...
 
Trying out new-ish restaurants like Barnlight Eatery here in McKinney. The restaurant itself is soooo cute and rustic, and the food is even better! It's gourmet southern comfort and I really enjoyed it.
 

 
 
 
I loved the wall of hanging vintage window panes.
 
 
 
 
Here's that yummy food. We started with yummy drinks (from their full bar) and the chips ad queso. I had the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant with herb fries and Justin had a pulled pork sandwich with the house made potato chips.
 


 
 
 On the way out, we, of course, had to stop at the Barnlight Bakery. I had a fudge brownie and it was HEAVEN.
 
 

 
 
Justin and his dad have been brewing beer. Lots and lots of it. He started brewing a gallon at a time, quickly moved on to bottling small batches...then large batches...then graduated to kegging it! That's what they're doing in the picture above.
 
 
 
 
We went to the annual St. Ann's Catholic Church carnival in Coppell where we play BINGO every year. This year I won!! I was almost involved in a church brawl over it (I totally yelled BINGO! in time, lady!) but I still won!
 

 

 
 
Jeannette and I now have a tradition of visiting the petting zoo and smothering the cute baby animals with love. We have a particular affinity for the baby goats. P.S. You're not allowed to pick them up no matter how many years in a row you try it. :(
 
 
 
 
We also attempted attended Grapevine's Grapefest with two infants (who were mistaken for twins all night and got a ton of attention from strangers). I won't lie, it was a physically exhausting night full of firsts. I actually baby-wore my child into a port-a-potty. *cringe*
 
 
 
 
But mainly we've just been spending a lot of time with this little stinker! He's the love of our lives and we are absolutely obsessed with him. He's smiling, cooing, and now loves to hold his hands together like he's plotting something. It's the cutest thing.
 
On his two month birthday he officially moved out of mom and dad's room and into his own crib, where he has successfully spent every night since (minus the first night when I panicked and brought him back to our room just a couple hours in). He has slept through the night pretty much right from the beginning and moving to his own crib in his own room hasn't changed anything. I ask myself everyday how we got so lucky with this sweet little easy baby.
 
The last thing that we've been preoccupied with is something I've been teasing for a little while and I'm finally ready to spill the beans. We're moving! We closed on our new home earlier this month and we're going to start fixing it up next week.
 
 
 
 
 
5 years after purchasing our current house, we've decided it's time to move on. We're excited for this new adventure and can't wait to share all of the projects we have planned for our new (to us) house!
 
So that's some of what we've been doing lately. Life is crazy and busy but I wouldn't have it any other way. Bring it on, Fall!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished